Voter Registration Application
To download a copy of the Voter Registration Application visit http://www.sos.ks.gov, under Filings & Forms, then go to Elections & Legislative.
The Kansas Voter Registration Application, for U.S. Citizens Only, can be used to :
- Register to vote in Kansas
- Change your name or address on your registration
- Affiliate with a political party or change your party affiliation
To register to vote you must:
- Provide citizenship document if your are registering to vote in Kansas for the first time, or have had your registration canceled and are re-registering.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a resident of the State of Kansas
- Have reached the age of 18 years before the next statewide general election
- Have your civil rights restored if convicted of a felony
- Have abandoned your former residence and/or name
Other important information:
You must return your completed application to your county. The county addresses are on the back of the Voter Register Application. Your county election officer will mail you a notice when your application has been processed. This application must be postmarked by the 21st day before an election in order to be eligible to be registered in that election. Your driver's license number or last four digits of your social security number are required in order for your application to be processed. Beginning January 1, 2012, you must show photo ID at the polls to obtain a ballot. Beginning January 1, 2013, any person registering to vote in Kansas for the first time is required to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship. Anyone previously registered whose registration is canceled and who re-registers must have their citizenship reassessed.